We are very happy to announce that the 34th TRIESTE FILM FESTIVAL, the leading European festival focused exclusively on Central Eastern European cinema, is OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS!
We are looking for feature films and documentaries (only Italian premieres), short films (both fiction and animation) from Central and Eastern European countries.
The submission deadline is September 30th, 2022.
Emerging talents and great masters from Central & Eastern Europe have already attended our festival in the past editions with their best film productions, because the Trieste Film Festival represents today a unique appointment in Italy with the cinema from these geographical and cultural areas that we investigate and love so much!
The Trieste Film Festival is: tons of good films, meetings with festival guests, an international coproduction forum, masterclasses, art and photo exhibitions, a VR programme, performances, concerts, special events, books presentations, kids programmes, in a town which has always been a gateway to the East, a privileged observatory onto the New Europe, a lovely city by the sea where East and West meet.
For submission please go to the following link:
Looking forward to receiving your films!
The 34th TSFF will be held in Trieste from 21st till 28th January 2023.
ART. 1 – The Trieste Film Festival is a yearly event of cinema culture organised by the Alpe Adria Cinema Association. The main purpose of the Trieste Film Festival is to promote information, debate and mutual cooperation among the operators of the audiovisual production industry and in particular of films in Central and Eastern Europe.
ART. 2 – The 34th edition of the Trieste Film Festival (21 – 28 January 2023) will take place in Trieste, the institutional seat of the event.
ART. 3 – The 34th Trieste Film Festival is articulated into the following sections:
- “Concorso Internazionale Lungometraggi“ (“International Feature Films Competition”), “Concorso Internazionale Cortometraggi” (“International Short Films Competition”, fiction only, max 30’) and “Concorso Internazionale Documentari” (“International Documentary Films Competition”, 45’) will present a selection of the productions in DCP or Bluray completed after January 2022, mainly focusing on those films that feature originality and linguistic innovation, as well as on the productions focused on particular aspects and problems of the society and culture of their countries of origin.
- Monographic and Retrospective sections – special events.
ART. 4 – The owners/presenters of works submitted to the selection of Alpe Adria Cinema must allow an online link with English subtitles to be sent to the festival offices by September 30th, 2022. The film should be accompanied by adequate information (synopsis, cast&credits and director’s bio-filmography).
The submission fee for the preselection process is:
– 10 euros for long feature films and documentaries
– NO FEE for short films
The participation in the selection entails compulsory deposit of all materials – preview screener included – in the Alpe Adria Cinema Archives, as well as permission to use them for didactic, research and promotion purposes, also outside the festival, excluding any commercial use to protect the rights of Authors and Producers.
ART. 5 – The Artistic Direction of the Trieste Film Festival will select films and audiovisual material according to the orientations given by the members of the International Scientific Committee of the Festival. The final decisions of the Artistic Direction are indisputable.
ART. 6 – TRIESTE FILM FESTIVAL AWARDS:
- An international jury will award a prize of 000 EUR, the TRIESTE AWARD, to the Best Feature Film in competition.
- An international jury will award the OSIRIDE BROVEDANI FOUNDATION AWARDof 000 EUR to the Best Short Film in competition.
- An international jury will award a prize of 500EUR, the ALPE ADRIA CINEMA AWARD, to the Best Documentary Film in Competition.
ALL THE PRIZES WILL BE ASSIGNED TO THE FILM DIRECTORS.
ART. 7 – The films selected for the International Feature Films Competition and the International Documentary Films Competition have to be Italian premieres. The films selected for the International Short Films Competition have to be regional premieres (Friuli Venezia Giulia region).
ART. 8 – If a film included in the programme is subsequently distributed in Italy, all the material for its promotion must carry the logo of the Trieste Film Festival and must indicate its participation in the 34th edition with mention of any award received.
ART. 9 – Once the participation of a film selected for the one of the competitions has been confirmed by the Director or the Producer or the Sales Agent, no cancellation is admitted. Should this occur, a lump sum of 1.000,00 Eur will be paid to the Trieste Film Festival as compensation for damage.
ART. 10 – Alpe Adria Cinema is entirely responsible for the technical and administrative organisation of the event.
ART. 11 – Each production company will be entirely responsible for all costs of transportation to Trieste, whereas Alpe Adria Cinema will pay all costs of transportation from Trieste back to the country of origin. In case the country of destination is different from the origin one, the consignee will have to agree all costs of transportation and customs clearance of the screening copy with the production company itself.
ART. 12 – The owners of SELECTED films must allow the following advertising and promotional material, to reach our offices absolutely by November 15th, 2022:
FOR CATALOGUE AND PROGRAMME
- Entry Form (please state here the actual duration of the screening copy you’ll send us);
- Cast & Credits;
- Director’s short statement on the film;
- Production Notes (non-obligatory).
- Director’s Biography;
- Director’s complete filmography (indicating the original titles of his/her previous works);
- 1 photo of the director (HD, Res. 300 DPI);
- 10 b/w or colour photographs/stills of film-scenes (HD, Res. 300 DPI);
FOR THE ITALIAN ELECTRONIC SUBTITLES
- screener link and password in low res for subtitling – the same version as the one to be screened(Vimeo link is preferred – 100% faithful to the version to be presented at the festival);
- transcript of the film dialogue in the original language (with TimeCodes from DCP);
- transcript of the English subtitles (with TimeCodes from DCP).
- digital pressbook (PDF);
- a digital film poster or other digital promotional material (i.e. postcards/flyers).
- teaser trailer, no more than 30 seconds (downloadable via Vimeo or as mp4 file) – for promotional purposes;
- social accounts of both film and director
ART. 13 – All films will be screened in the original version. All films must be provided with English subtitles.
For the Screenings, Alpe Adria Cinema will accept the following formats: DCP – Bluray.
Alpe Adria Cinema will be responsible for electronic subtitling in Italian. In order to do so, the film production is to provide an online link, preferably with English subtitles. The link must be an exact copy of the version that will be screened at the festival (See art. 12).
ART. 14 – All digital material is to be addressed to:
All information is to be emailed immediately to the above contact details.
ART. 15 – Films for the official screening should be sent directly to the following address, but only after agreeing all details with the print traffic manager of the festival:
ALPE ADRIA CINEMA – TRIESTE FILM FESTIVAL
PIAZZA DUCA DEGLI ABRUZZI, 3
I-34132 , TRIESTE-ITALY
TEL. +39 040 3476076
ART. 16 – Films should reach our offices absolutely by December 23rd 2022.
ART. 17 – All films will be covered by an “all risks” insurance policy taken out and paid for entirely by Alpe Adria Cinema.
ART. 18 – Any litigation will be judged by the Court of Trieste, Italy.
ART. 19 – The sending of the duly filled in and signed entry form implies the acceptance of all the articles of the above regulations.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 30th, 2022